The Garden is running Attention Autism Training
Friday 15 March 2019 & Friday 22 March 2019 9am – 4pm
This two day course equips attendees with the skills to set up and run the 4 Stage Attention Autism programme. The training focuses on the practical aspects of intervention, working in a team and offering an irresistible invitation to learn. The Attention Autism programme targets the teaching of attention, communication and social interaction skills.
Presenting the first two stages of the four stage Attention Autism programme;
Stage 1 – Focusing Attention
Stage 2 -Sustaining attention
- Exploring the impact of autism spectrum disorders on the development of attention skills and the impact this has on a child’s ability to learn
- Practical hands-on opportunities for you to try out activities at each stage and discuss application of the programme within their setting or service
Introducing and focusing on;
Stage 3 – Shifting Attention
Stage 4: shifting and sustaining attention including a transition to independent working.
- Exploring the ways in which communication development can be targeted and nurtured within sessions ensuring the needs of the children can be sensitively met
- Focusing on building functional social communication, understanding and spontaneous communication
- Sharing ideas and activities and enabling you to set up and run the full programme!
Tickets are £150 and include lunch, to book a place follow the link to Eventbrite.