The Garden is an outstanding school in the London Borough of Hackney offering education for 2-16 year-olds with highly specialised provisions for learners with autism.
We believe that every child should be recognized and respected as unique and special. We place each child’s individual needs and goals at the centre of our work. It is this ethos that underpins our bespoke child-centred curriculum specially developed to create optimal opportunities to nurture communication, learning, and independence, in a safe and inclusive environment.
We are committed to creating a school defined by:
- High quality education that inspires children to be as independent and enterprising as possible.
- A child-centred approach to teaching and learning.
- A safe, caring, and engaging environment that enhances pupil’s educational and therapeutic development.
- A specialist workforce achieved through continual staff development.
- Ongoing reflection and evaluation of our practices, which are evidence-based and guided by current research.
- A solution-focused ethos with shared responsibility for improving effectiveness, and where challenges are tackled collectively.