Check out the fabulous artwork created by our secondary pupils which was displayed as part of our art exhibition during parents evening last term.
Secondary pupils used a variety of methods to create some stunning pieces of artwork including drawing around their own bodies!
ATTENTION AUTISM TRAINING
A two day training course
Friday 3rd February & Friday 24th February
Friday 3rd March & Friday 17th March
Friday 21st April & Friday 12th May
9am – 4pm
Cost: £150.00 (Including lunch and refreshments)
This two day course equips attendees with the skills to set up and run the 4 Stage Attention Autism programme. The training focuses on the practical aspects of intervention, working in a team and offering an irresistible invitation to learn. The Attention Autism programme targets the teaching of attention, communication and social interaction skills.
Presenting the first two stages of the four stage Attention Autism programme;
Stage 1 – Focusing Attention
Stage 2 -Sustaining attention
- Exploring the impact of autism spectrum disorders on the development of attention skills and the impact this has on a child’s ability to learn
- Practical hands-on opportunities for you to try out activities at each stage and discuss application of the programme within their setting or service
Introducing and focusing on;
Stage 3 – Shifting Attention
Stage 4: shifting and sustaining attention including a transition to independent working.
- Exploring the ways in which communication development can be targeted and nurtured within sessions ensuring the needs of the children can be sensitively met
- Focusing on building functional social communication, understanding and spontaneous communication
- Sharing ideas and activities and enabling you to set up and run the full programme!
If you have any queries please contact Gemma Courtney 0207 254 8096
*Please note payment must be recieved in full before the first day of the event
Register with Easyfudraising and raise money for The Garden School while you shop online!
A very big well done to Hassan from Tulip class, who won November’s Employee Of The Month. Hassan was nominated for the award because of his positive attitude and willingness to go the extra mile, amongst many other reasons.
Nominations are now open for December’s Employee Of The Month – we will keep you posted!
On Friday 13th January the Garden School we will be hosting a one day introduction course with Jarymke Maljaars (University Of Leuven, Belgium) on how to set up individualised communicative interventions for individuals with autism.
Contact email@example.com for further information
On Friday the 8th July The Garden School hosted the ‘MADD About Hackney Arts Festival’.
Our Pupils served visitors at the school café, and our fabulous art galleries were open to visitors for the very first time.
Art gallery – featuring artwork from secondary pupils from The Garden School
Art gallery – Featuring ‘Under The Sea’ themed artwork from primary pupils at The Garden School